Howdy Partner!

This here is the eclectic blog of artist/illustrator Ellen Stedfeld, for a glimpse into my kooky mind and to see some of the many things I do. You may find it helpful to note that this originated in 2008 as a place to display galleries of my artwork (still temporarily viewable at right) but has gradually taken on a more blog-like form, and my current objective - now in the midst of 2014 and entering 2015 - is to make it be so!

Since I get too busy actually doing things to talk about them all, I apologize for any lapses or anomalies in chronology. If you really want to know what I'm up to, visit me at Carmine Street Comics or my next event. Otherwise, enjoy!

(My new and improving website is ellesaurarts.com, and you can follow me on Twitter @ellesaur and Instagram @ellesaurarts)


Baltimore Comic Con: Fri, Sept 5th - Sun, Sept 7th



What happened to August, you may be asking? Well a lot of things went on... sketching for The Stoop concert series, the first meeting for a group art exhibit (theme of Heroes and Villains) that will open in Ouchi Gallery the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, and much more that I'll be getting into at some point.

Right now, I'm at Baltimore Comic Con! Arrived with my friends Mindy Indy and Carlos Abdu, and just completed a day of setting up, getting comfortable, and greeting the first attendees. With more space than expected, I got to do some cute things - like laying out several colored table cloths as stripes, and setting up a small coloring station in front of my table for the little ones (or young at heart). Find me at Artist Alley table A354 where I've got cartoon-themed ceramics, mini-comics, micro-comics, bitty books, colorful prints, and sketches galore!

Already had a coloring friend, and sold my (suspiciously Lego-like) pirate mug. Hope to see you here soon too. And if you miss me at the con, it looks like I will be appearing at Amazing Spiral comic shop this Wednesday, September 10th.